Director Financial Control - Nasdaq
Nasdaq is looking for a Director Financial Control with a focus on initiatives related to Financial Control, Internal Control and Accounting Policy. This role is part of the Global Legal Entity Controller organization and you will report to the VP Global Legal Entity Controller based in Stockholm, Sweden.
This role is quite independent and would only require guidance in the most complex situations. Due to the increasing complexity and growth of the International Operations, the role requires someone with extensive accounting and general Finance background with experience from a matrix organization and multinational environment, with the ability of problem solving and partnering with key functions.
* Work on and lead a number of process improvement initiatives related to the Global Legal Entity Controller organization
* To establish and implement in collaboration with Treasury better controls and processes around foreign exchange accounting and hedging to ensure correct US GAAP accounting treatment and improved controls
* On an ad-hoc basis support the Global Controller organization on Accounting Policy across the Nasdaq group such as implementation of new policy and business support
* Coordinate and lead M&A activities within EMEA/Asia Pac from a legal entity Financial Control perspective in collaboration with resources within the Global Controller organization based in New York
* Provide Accounting Policy support to Business Units
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
* Chartered Account ACA, CIMA or equivalent is preferred
* A combination of Big 4 public accounting experience and experience from a finance/accounting operations corporate environment (7-10+ years) is expected. Preferably from the Financial Services industry
* Fluent in Swedish in addition to excellent English communication/writing skills
* Excellent understanding of US and/or IFRS GAAP and with a passion for accounting
* Experience from M&A transactions
* Experience from foreign exchange accounting and hedging
* Project management skills as well as broad, proactive problem solving skills. Facts and solution focused
* Likes to work in a team environment where collaboration and building strong relationships are essential
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong organizational and multitasking skills applied in a fast paced global working environment
* Demonstrated high level knowledge of financial reporting processes/systems and internal financial controls
* Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials or similar ERP applications preferred
About our client
Nasdaq, the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, is the world's largest exchange solution company providing top of the line trading and clearing technology. Our technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions across six continents. As a member of Tax Service Team in Stockholm, you will be a part of international company with business operations in some 30 countries. We work in the financial sector which is under transformation and we are expanding our business by organic growth and acquisition worldwide. You will be part of an international tax team based in New York, Stockholm, Australia and Hong Kong.
Do you want to be a part of Nasdaq? Please send your application in Word as soon as possible , with reference TD/1393. For any questions, please contact Tobias Danielsson at 08-546 99 260.