Business Development Manager
Qliro is on a mission to become the champion of digital consumer finance in the Nordics. Our company was founded in 2014 and we have grown to a team of over 170 people from over 25 different countries, and over 2 million unique customers have used our payment products. We see great opportunities ahead in building new innovative financial and payments products, to solve the everyday problems of millions of Nordic consumers. We do this by building products based on three basic principles: simplicity, value for money, and great customer experiences. Qliro is a regulated company under the supervision of the Swedish financial supervisory authority (FI).
This Business Development Manager is responsible for evaluating and executing on major new business initiatives for Qliro Financial Services.This role combines an in-depth understanding of Qliro’s product landscape and strategy with strong commercial acumen, the key objective being to systematically identify revenue opportunities - both in new product verticals but also in strategic partnerships with other actors in the financial services industry.
The ideal candidate will have solid product management experience, a high analytical capacity as well as a sales-driven mindset; preferably from previous commercial responsibilities. The ability to manage stakeholders across the company in order to align them with any new business initiative will be key to success for this role. Willingness to understand the dynamics and future of the payments market is a prerequisite for this role; previous knowledge of payment ecosystems is considered a plus. We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, strategic but detailed-oriented individual to drive these initiatives.
We would summarize your career here like this:
- Investigate new product verticals
- Based on Qliro’s product capacities, identify new business areas, estimating market potential and needed product development to evaluate commercial upside as well as strategic impact
- Liaise with the Qliro Product and Development teams to ensure product and integration requests are diligently reviewed, assessed and executed based on agreed priorities
- Collaborate closely with the Sales teams to understand retailers’ needs, upselling opportunities and potential synergies with current merchant offering
- Identify and own strategic partnerships within the industry
- Identify cooperation potential with suppliers and other actors within the financial services industry based on overall company targets and strategy
- Diligently lead the partnership buildup from initial value proposition development to contract signing to launch
- Own relationships on an ongoing basis or until they become line-of-business
We believe you have/are:
- Senior experience in either product management or new business development in digital industries
- University degree in business administration, tech or other relevant field
- Fluency in Swedish and English
- Comfort in fast-paced and high-growth environments, ability to coordinate effectively across multiple functional areas with competing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated levels of dedication and ownership required to succeed at start-up speed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate resources
- Metrics-driven and execution focused, able to make data-driven decisions
What can we offer you?
Qliro offers a dynamic and fast-paced Fintech environment with teams of driven and flexible individuals. We thrive on challenges, personal growth and you will be able to excel within the company. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and training. We work hard to create a workplace which is diverse and inclusive, where you can have a great work-life balance and love the work you do.
In terms of Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, pension and insurance plans, along with 30 days annual leave and some great staff discount on purchases within the group.
What do we value?
At Qliro we have five values that we strive to work and live by. The right candidate should be able to stand behind them, balance them, and most likely excel in a few of them:
Seriously smart – we manage by facts and hard data, and always dare to challenge ”the truth”
Love speed – we make fast decisions, believe in MVPs, and act as if success is guaranteed
Build big – we understand the bigger picture, and think ahead of the game
Service heroes – we always walk the extra mile for our customers, pay attention to detail and always strive for simplicity
Stick together – we communicate, we share knowledge, and help each other
Are we a great fit for each other?
Take the opportunity to join a fast paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic and multi-cultural environment by sending us your application, CV and cover letter. For any questions please contact [email protected]. Selection and interviews are made continuously. The position is full time and start date is as soon as possible. To secure a professional and high quality recruitment process we conduct testing, reference calls and background checks.
We respectfully decline unsolicited offers from recruitment and/or advertising providers