Director of Human Resources
Northvolt is embarking on a unique journey to create one of Europe's leading industrial companies from scratch - as such we are now looking to hire an HR Director who wants to make their mark on the world.
The role is focused around building the processes, systems and policies that will drive excellence within attraction and retention of talents within Nortvholt.
At Northvolt, people are our number one critical resource. As such we have high ambitions with regards to the standard we hire, the ambition to drive retention and managing our employees well being - so our people can thrive in the organization.
Our vision is to ensure a work place with zero accidents and healthy employees. You will be part of setting and implementing our vision on work environment by integrating health and safety in everything that we do. Experience from educating and encouraging leadership to promote this as a key success factor is a requirement for this role.
Furthermore whomever that chooses to join us must have a passion for diversity as building a greenfield company allows a unique possibility to get things right from the start with regards to equal representation and pay.
Your colleagues will be the Director of Growth (tasked with mass recruitment efforts of Northvolt in factories) and director of Talent Acquisition (tasked with headhunting of highly specialized staff). You will lead a current team of 3 HR professionals (one HRBP and two HR Coordinators) and you are expected to hire and lead exceptional people over time.
You will report to the Head of Growth & Culture and are expected to over time be able to lead the HR agenda directly in the management team when Northvolt has scaled up to critical mass.
In general you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative and challenging HR projects with high demands on both strategic and operational excellence.
Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working with HR related questions within prefably a manufacturing context and with extense experience from union relations and collective labour agreements, as well as from creating all HR policies to comply with legislation.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building a world leading HR operations (hire, lead and systems)
- Convert business strategies into HR operations, support Northvolt leaders to deliver on company goals and drive culture
- Designing and implementing policies that drive positive employee experience
- Ensuring legal compliance, collective labour agreements and bargaining processes being primary contact for general counsel concerning employee relation matters.
- Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Talent and Succession planning, Employer Branding, Occupational health care proesses etc
The person we are looking for is a strongly business oriented people's person, decisive and knowledgeable. You need to be strategic but also operational (especially during first year while team is being built) - prestige and ego have no place at Northvolt.
You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- A Relevant University Degree within either technical or social sciences
- 15 years working experience in HR functions or within industrial setting
- Good knowledge of employment law and collective labour law in Sweden
- Successful track record of scaling HR-operations in a fast growing environment ideally in the industrial/manufacturing industry
- Knowledge and experience of payroll and HR-systems
- Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellent English and Swedish written and oral skills
- Highly organized and result-driven
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Exceptionally good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Has a can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven
About the company
Northvolt is building the largest lithium-ion battery factory in Europe. This is key for future innovation and will support and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production and consumption. Time is our greatest enemy. The global transformation to sustainable transport and energy, will only happen if there are enough battery cells produced at a significantly lower cost.
We are currently in an exciting fast growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders preparing for factory construction to start in 2018. We are staffing our international project office in Stockholm and preparing upcoming recruitments for the establishment of the R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås and the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå. We aim to build the next generation battery factory with cutting edge technology and a structural cost advantage that will produce the world’s greenest battery with minimum carbon footprint and a sustainable lifecycle.
We want to work with experienced experts in specialized and crucial fields within the battery area, as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission of enabling the future of energy. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real.
We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!