Web developer to ESS with collaborating duties at Max IV Laboratory
The European Spallation Sources (ESS) vision is to build and operate the worlds most powerful neutron source, enabling scientific breakthroughs in research related to materials, energy, health and the environment, and addressing some of the most important societal challenges of our time. They are now looking for their next shooting star, is that you?
INFORMATION OM UPPDRAGETAcademic Work is on behalf of our client European Spallation Source´s (ESS) looking for a Web Developer to be a part of the Data Management Group.
This is a consultant assignment. Academic Work will be your employer and you will work as a consultant at ESS. The assignment will be full time and extend to at least six months. There are good opportunities to be extended on the assignment, given that all parties are satisfied with the cooperation.
The Data Management and Software Centre (DMSC), part of the ESS Science Directorate, is responsible for the design, development and construction of the computer software and hardware to be used for the operation and data analysis of the experiments to be carried out at ESS. DMSC performs work at both the ESS offices in Lund, Sweden and at the main DMSC offices in Copenhagen, Denmark.
ARBETSUPPGIFTERYou will be part of the Data Management Group in DMSC. They collaboratively develop and share open source packages for use not only at ESS but also other at large scale science facilities. They deliver the real time data streaming and recording infrastructures that make experiments at ESS possible and provide the catalogues, databases and automatic processing capabilities that enable visiting scientists to effectively use their data.
They are also collaborating with MAX IV, the neighbouring photon facility in Lund, which develops and supports web applications at MAX IV. You will play an important hybrid role which requires both back-end and front-end engineering skills in designing their shared user portal. This position provides opportunities to put on multiple hats and play various roles. ESS value developers who can create complete user focussed end-to-end solutions with scalability and maintainability in mind.
In this role, your work and responsibility will be to
* help the team design and deliver responsive web solutions
* develop functionality in state of the art frameworks
* build and maintain scalable applications and support their deployment
* integrate and customise other (web) applications
VI SÖKER DIG SOMWe are looking for you with the following qualifications:
* Experience developing software on Linux (working experience or from a private interest)
* Knowledge about database development, data modelling and SQL
* Good communication skills in English and aptitude for collaborating as a team member
It will be considered an additional qualification if you:
* Have knowledge and experience in any of the following: JQuery, Frameworks like React or Angular, Continuous Integration (Ansible, Jenkins, Other), Security Design, Git, System design experience
As a person you are organized and accurate. Furthermore, you are eager to learn and really see the opportunity to work with more senior colleagues to develop your skills in an international environment.
* Start: September
* Work extent: 40h/week
* Location: Lund/Copenhagen
* This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from ESS is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
* Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
* We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at [email protected] and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.
* We strive to be an attractive employer to our consultants. In addition to collective agreement and a dedicated consultant manager, we offer you as a full time consultant a consultant portal, giving you access to several benefits. Read more [here]((https://www.academicwork.se/vart-erbjudande-till-heltidskonsulter)