Junior developer to Metric Gaming in Uppsala!
One team wins the game and someone else wins money! But who ensures that sports and cash can unite? Some are top players within java development at Metric Gaming, who love to slam-dunk that code in a team working to improve software within betting. Now you have the chance to grow with a start-up company from kickoff to touchdown.
INFORMATION OM UPPDRAGETAcademic Work is seeking a junior developer to Metric Gamings office in central Uppsala. Metric Gaming is facing an exciting time of expansion and is therefor looking for their next star within Java, who thrives in a dynamical start-up environment with great opportunity to grow with the company.
You will be working in a small but tight team with many experienced colleagues, where you will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and contribute in all stages of the process. As Metric Gaming has their headquarters in Las Vegas as well as offices in London and Singapore you will gain experience from working in an international collaboration.
Academic Work is responsible for the recruitment process but the candidate that proceed will be employed directly by Metric Gaming.
ARBETSUPPGIFTERAs a junior developer within Java you and the team will implement inventive solutions for server and backoffice administration software based on a J2EE platform. Together you will manage break-down, implementation, test and delivery of new features.
For example, you will:
* Develop new features in the software by request
* Solve incidents with the support- and operations staff
* Improve methods, processes and tools for maximum efficiency within the team
You will work with systems that have high demands on performance and stability. The position suits you who has recently graduated or is just starting your career within IT, and wants to gain valuable experience within a company with great potential.
VI SÖKER DIG SOMSomeone who
* Have very good knowledge within Java
* Have a good understanding of SQL-databases
* Have a very good understanding of the English language, both written and spoken
It will be considered a valuable additional qualification if you also have a bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent education. If you are a self-learner with great passion for programming and also meet the requirements above, you are welcome to apply as well.
It is also considered a valuable additional qualification if you have specific knowledge or a documented interest within high performing architecture and within betting.
As a person you are thorough with an attention for detail in your work. We also see that you have a problem-solving mindset and that you are not afraid to take initiative. You are self-motivated and take responsibility for delivering your work on time. Since the company is planning to expand it is also important that you are flexible and can easily adapt to new tasks and responsibilities.
Formal employer will be Betpump Solutions AB, a wholly owned subsidary of Metric Gaming.
* Start: January 2019 or according to agreement
* Work extent: Full time
* Location: Uppsala, Klostergatan
* This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Metric Gaming is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
* Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
* We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at [[email protected]](mailto:stn06 @academicwork.se) and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.