Strategic Planner / Market Researcher
Our very attractive client within the music industry needs to strengthen its Brand & Comms team with a passionate Planner/Market Researcher that thrives in digging data and synthesize this into crisp strategies and presentations and briefs. If you are ready for the challenge and have what it takes, apply today.
The assignment is during the following period: 2019-08-12 until 2019-12-31, with a possibility for extension.
You will create the scientific and strategic foundation for both our brand, our communication and campaigns. In this role you support the work the Marketing team do to make the Soundtrap brand known and loved within the audio creator space globally. This position will start as a consultant role with the likely possibility to transform into regular employment in 2020. You report directly to the Director of Marketing.
Digging into lots of data and research is what you love and you understand the real business value that these insights provides. You are analytical, creative and business-oriented and always has the target group in focus when strategizing and working on communication challenges.
You have the analytical capability and objectivity to develop evidence-based conclusions based on solid and adopted research solutions and data. You know both how to analyze the latest market data reports as well as facilitating a focus group.
You’re not just about the numbers—you have a business mindset that makes your recommendations sound and practical. You’re are then able to translate research and data into narratives, and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience needs.
You are curious as a person and keen on knowing the latest trends and of course extremely passionate about consumer insights and branding related challenges. You are also great at creating and keeping relationships with collaborators, stakeholders and partners. You like the startup mentality and you take great pride in working with ambitious, highly talented people. You thrive when working together in a team.
We believe that you need at least a couple of year’s experience from working in a planner role at an agency.
You will work closely with Director of Marketing, Project Managers and the Creative team and be responsible for:
- Create crisp briefs for making mind blowing communication and brand experiences
- Gather internal / external market info to understand the environment and translate to strategic directions
- Find communication opportunities based on trends and relevant insights
- Uncovering and interpreting relevant cultural and social trends
- Assessing competitive communication strategies & uncovering white space opportunities
- Developing fresh insights about target group attitudes, needs, behaviors
- Isolate Consumer insights from brand to make targeting decisions
- Evaluate Advertising and brand effects and effectiveness
- Drive the development of a strategic consumer insights tool box
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative competitor, category and brand analyses
- Evaluate and contribute to channel / tactical plans to ensure strategic intent of positioning is achieved
- Partnering with creative teams to ensure that creative transports the strategic objective
- Dramatize and communicate the gathered insights and foresights in inspiring ways to key stakeholders
We believe that you tick most of these boxes:
- 2-3 years of experience as a planner / strategist from an Advertising/PR agency
- Know how to Integrate qual / quant learning to develop brand and communications strategies
- Experience in evaluating creative through a strategic lens, and deliver those evaluations constructively
- Knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem as well as campaign measurement tactics and metrics
- Can visualize strategic insights in evocative and expressive presentations
- University degree in marketing, statistics, business administration or social sciences (or similar)
- Solid experience in desk top research
- Experience with Excel including experience pulling, manipulating and tabulating data.
- Has a self-driven, detail-oriented and structured way of working
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English
- Have some knowledge of databases and user metrics in digital environments
- Analytical Skills - ability to apply data driven solutions to complex business challenges
- Quickly gather, absorb, synthesize and report on large, diverse data sets (qual and quant)
- Experience in developing/evaluate actionable research, focus groups, expert interviews
- Experience with some analytics tools as SQL
- Business analysis skills and preferably - some financial modeling skills
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams and closely with creative team
- Experience with AB testing, and can quickly interpret and distill AB test results.
With over 600,000 employees in about 40 countries, Randstad is one of the world's largest recruiting and manpower companies. We aim to contribute to a better labor market. We do this by finding the right match between companies and jobseekers. That way, we help companies grow and become more successful and we help job seekers finding the right job and reaching their dreams.
Deadline for application: 2019-05-05, selection and interviews will take place continuously. The position may be filled before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.
Information: Andrea Leal, Consultant manager, [email protected]