Jr Scientific Expert to ECDC Stockholm
We now have an exciting consultant assignment at ECDC as Junior Scientific Expert within antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and healthcare-associated infections. This assignment will give you the opportunity to be part of an international organization and you get to work with three key strategic areas: provide evidence for effective and efficient decision-making, strengthening public health systems, and support the response to public health threats.
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and at Randstad Life Sciences your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
In the role as junior scientific expert you will work with in the Surveillance and Response Support Unit (SRS unit) i nthe Scientific Assessment group. Specifically you will work with tasks such as
- Assist with the further development and implementation of surveillance systems (EARS-Net, ESAC-Net) in Europe, in particular by developing questionnaire and protocols, performing surveys, analysing corresponding data and reporting results.
- Contribute to the further development of external quality assurance systems and of other microbiological projects.
- Contribute to the analysis of whole genome sequencing data on antimicrobial-resistant pathogens, in particular carbapenem- and/or colistin-resistant Enterobacteriaceae.
- Perform systematic searches of the literature and evidence-based reviews on selected antimicrobial-resistant pathogens, in particular to estimate the burden of antimicrobial resistance and conduct rapid risk assessments.
- Devise plans for data analyses, in particular to estimate the burden of antimicrobial resistance.
The assignment will start in early November with an initial contract until 2019-12-31, however the assignment is envisaged to cover 6 months.
In addition to the profile specification, these specific competences and experience are required for the current assignment:
- Degree in public health, epidemiology, medicine or another related area such as microbiology or pharmacy
- At least two years of experience in positions (contract or traineeship) relevant to the job description.
- Experience in the areas of antimicrobial resistance (AMR, and/or antimicrobial consumption and/or healthcare-associated infections is a plus).
Deadline for applications: 2019-10-21. Please use the Europass CV template and attach a letter of motivation explaining which job specific expertise and personal characteristics you can bring to the job (of maximum 1 page). Selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Lisa Nguy, [email protected], please note that applications through email will not be processed due to GDPR.
With more than 600 000 employees in 38 countries, Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry and offers staffing, consulting and recruitment solutions in all areas of expertise. We also offer interim management, executive search and outplacement services. We have a large network of clients and candidates, which means that we convey hundreds of jobs within different industries all over Sweden. Our ambition is to be the best employer in the market.
By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technology, we help people and organizations to reach their true potential. We call it Human Forward.