Would you like to be part of building a world-class streaming experience and be a part of the leading streaming provider in the Nordics? We are now looking to strengthen our team in Stockholm.
In the role as Streaming Specialist in the Streaming team, you will be responsible for the delivery of video to customers using Viaplay and Viafree at the best quality and user experience.
The role is wide and stretches from researching and developing future video- and streaming functionality to daily operational tasks, like investigation of production issues.
You will be part of, and work closely with, a small team as well as different stakeholders within NENT Group. You will also work towards partners and external stakeholders. This role gives you impact on the end product to make sure we provide the best streaming experience for our users.
At NENT Group, we always use cutting edge technology and you will work both operational and strategic with our technical solutions.
What you will be up to
- Manage, optimize and develop our streaming platform to ensure high performance, stability and redundancy.
- Manage our encoding and monitoring solutions.
- Follow up on QoE statistics and investigate potential issues.
- Optimize video delivery and follow up with our CDN partners.
- Work closely with Tech Operations when planning our large live events to ensure flawless deliveries.
- Investigate reported issues to find root causes and make improvements.
- Assist our developers regarding video and streaming related problems.
- Evaluate and test new or alternative solutions and products.
- Ensure company success by transparent reporting and communication, cross-product cooperation and acting in accordance with company values and regulations.
Who you are
We believe that you have a good understanding of the streaming market and technologies. You are passionate about creating world-class streaming services with high quality and learning new things. You have earlier experience working with streaming products and cloud services and is a tech-savvy person with great communication skills.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Technical education background.
- Experience working as a System Owner or similar, preferably in a streaming company.
- Experience in working with video quality, CDN, DRM.
- Experience of cloud services.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience to others.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and a great team player.
- Developer background.
- Experience from the streaming business.
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or linkedin. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Amanda Hagberg at [email protected].
Open for relocation? No problem! We offer relocation services.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.