Android Developer - Viafree
Are you keen on being in the forefront and have a great interest in all things Android? Wonderful, then we already have something in common! We are looking for an Android developer with a curious mind to solve fun and complex problems in our office in Stockholm. If you think this description fits you, be sure to send us your application!
Why join Viafree?
At Viafree you will join our international team of fun-loving Android developers and be responsible of our mobile solutions. We use the latest technologies in video streaming to build and maintain our existing platform, everything in-house. In addition, you will play an active role in discussions on how to find the best solutions for improving our product. You will be part of a team with start up environment where you can try out new things but also a company with strong financial muscles behind. Sounds pretty awesome right?
As an Android developer, you will join Viafree with the mission to further develop and maintain our mobile apps, keep them best-in-class and the main entry point to Viafree. You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle (definition, development, maintenance, etc.) and everyday work will consist of development, design, complexity assessment, test and deployment and much more. We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging status quo.
You will work within an expanding organization that strives for excellence by taking responsibility and pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous team. We truly believe in the power of working together, we work in a flat organization where we help each other out and are open to learning new things. We do our best to create a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
What we are looking for
We think you’re currently working as a Mobile Developer with a focus on Android development. If you also have experience working on other technical platforms, such as iOS, Web, Backend etc., we would be blown away. Mainly we are looking for someone with their expertise within Android development, but at the same time someone that is open and willing to work in other technical domains. We would also like you to push forward internal development by sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid experience solving complex problems on the Android platform
- Experience from building apps that are live on Google Play
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Commitment to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience from media, streaming or advertisement
- Experience developing Android apps using Kotlin
- Experience solving complex problems in an iOS environment
- Experience with Backend development using Node.js
- Work-life experience of Java Backend development
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies where test-driven development and continuous deployments are central in the deployment process.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or linkedin. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Amanda Hagberg at [email protected]
Open for relocation? No problem! We offer relocation services.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group)is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Groupis the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.