Frontend Developer (Smart TV)
Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics? Great, we might have the challenge for you! We’re currently looking for a Frontend Developer to elevate our Smart TV platforms here at our office in Stockholm. If this is you - go ahead and apply!
As a Frontend Developer at Viaplay, you will work with the web solutions for our Smart TV platforms. This means developing some of the most used platforms within Viaplay, and you will work together with other highly motivated developers to build robust and well-structured services for the Viaplay technical platform. You will build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, APIs and libraries. Your work will be a part of Viaplay’s strategy to grow and continue to bring an innovative first-class streaming service to our customers. Viaplay’s Smart TV web applications run native on a wide range of different devices, such as Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox One etc.
Our technical teams are prestigeless, problem solving oriented and flexible. We take pride in being an inventive company and we use bleeding-edge technology. Test-driven development and continuous delivery is central to our deployment process. We feel our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
The challenge ahead
You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
What we are looking for
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Experience creating responsive, device-agnostic interfaces via progressive enhancement
- Team player with a dedication to unit testing, code review, and other quality-oriented practices
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience of back-end development using Node.js
- Experience of working with Smart TV applications
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at [email protected].
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.