Preformulation Scientist astrazeneca gothenburg
Do you have experience within formulation and biophysical characterization of biomolecules and enjoy working in the lab? Are you interested in working with state of the art biotherapeutics and formulations for pre-clinical assessment? We are looking for a highly motivated formulation scientist with experience on biomolecules and relevant pre-clinical testing.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and drug products. Our portfolio of projects spans from traditional small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA based therapeutics across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas. Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) resides within Pharmaceutical Sciences with a mission to provide novel products to AstraZeneca’s clinical pipeline.
We seek a talented, motivated Preformulation Scientist. During a period of 5 months, you will be working in the new modality portfolio, mainly RNA therapeutics. The activities range from formulation activities and analysis to in vitro assessment and supplying material for pre-clinical studies. You will be closely supervised by a senior employee. This position is an excellent opportunity to get a first experience in developing an active pharmaceutical ingredient towards a functional medicine.
Preferably, you should be experienced in formulation science and biotechnology. You should possess an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work, be flexible and have a drive to learn a variety of techniques.
- Formulation of mRNA therapeutics and subsequent analysis.
- Plan own experiments and provide formulation support for on-going pre-clinical studies.
- Generate, evaluate and report data clearly and reliably.
- Conduct in vitro experiments to assess the performance of formulations.
- Ensure that own work and the work of others is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality, and compliance standards.
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology)
- Knowledge on formulation activities such nanoparticle preparation and analysis
- Experience working with biomolecules and a drive to explore other new modalities
- Ability to communicate and write proficiently in English.
- Work experience in industry focusing on formulations and/or delivery systems (1-2 years).
- Experience in working with cell culture and in vitro screening of novel formulations
2020-02-20, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day.
For more information: Eleonor Ehrman, consultant manager, +4673-343 41 09 or Kerstin Karlsson, consultant manager, +4673-0848695.
Uppdragsgivare: Randstad Life Sciences
Ort: Mölndal kommun
Sista ansökningsdag: 2020-02-24
Kontaktperson: Kerstin Karlsson