Preformulation Scientist to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Do you have experience within formulation and biophysical characterization of biomolecules and enjoy working in the lab? Are you interested in working with state of the art biotherapeutics and formulations for pre-clinical assessment? We are looking for highly motivated a formulation scientist with experience on biomolecules and relevant pre-clinical testing.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca deliver the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and drug products. Our portfolio of projects spans from traditional small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA based therapeutics across AstraZeneca’s therapy areas. Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) resides within Pharmaceutical Sciences with a mission to provide novel products to AstraZeneca’s clinical pipeline.
We seek a talented, motivated Preformulation Scientist. During a period of 5 months, you will be working in the new modality portfolio, mainly RNA therapeutics. The activities range from formulation activities and analysis to in vitro assessment and supplying material for pre-clinical studies. You will be closely supervised by a senior employee. This position is an excellent opportunity to get a first experience in developing an active pharmaceutical ingredient towards a functional medicine.
Preferably, you should be experienced in formulation science and biotechnology. You should possess an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work, be flexible and have a drive to learn a variety of techniques.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Formulation of mRNA therapeutics and subsequent analysis
- Plan own experiments and provide formulation support for on-going pre-clinical studies
- Generate, evaluate and report data clearly and reliably
- Conduct in vitro experiments to assess the performance of formulations
- Ensure that own work and the work of others is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality, and compliance standards
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology)
- Knowledge on formulation activities such nanoparticle preparation and analysis
- Experience working with biomolecules and a drive to explore other new modalities
- Ability to communicate and write proficiently in English
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biochemistry, Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology)
- Work experience in industry focusing on formulations and/or delivery systems (1-2 years)
- Experience in working with cell culture and in vitro screening of novel formulations
If you are interested, apply now!
We will screen candidates continuously and we need your application at the latest February 25, 2020.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-driven biopharmaceutical company. We turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
What we offer you at ALTEN
Every employee is equally valuable in the success of ALTEN! We are driven by making people grow and develop, which is why we offer you the opportunity to work with what you are truly passionate about. At ALTEN, we have a broad range of assignments at most of the leading companies in Sweden in several different sectors, to make it possible for your wishes to come true. We offer both national and international opportunities and together with your coaching manager, you build your career path so you constantly are able to develop and achieve your goals and dreams!
As a consultant at ALTEN, you will get the genuine team feeling at your assignment but also a wonderful togetherness at ALTEN. Through our different internal networks, such as ALTEN Sports, [email protected] and ALTEN Innovation you will get the opportunity to drive topics and activities that are close to your heart, together with your colleagues. All activities are of course optional. Work life balance is our top priority. We also have a collective agreement and other benefits like Pension, Insurances and Wellness grants.
We believe in growing together!