Strategic Purchasing Manager
- Be part of a fast growing and dynamic European e-tail company!|Develop sourcing strategies based on category management road map
Om vår klient
Pierce AB is one of Europe's leading and one of the most successful e-tailers for motorbike and snowmobile riders.
Join us on our quest to become the most admired retailer within the motorcycle industry and shape the way motor enthusiasts shop by offering a state-of-the-art online shopping experience built on passion, professionalism, and a good dose of rebellious spirit.
Pierce is the ecommerce company that has grown to become Europe's biggest online retailer for gear and accessories within Motorcycles and Snowmobiles. We do this throughout Europe through our shops 24MX, XLMOTO and Sledstore. The company is in an amazing growth spurt, growing by 30-40% annually. At the beginning of 2009 we were a team of 4, today we are about 380 international professionals, committed to giving our customers across 17 European markets a huge range of products and an extraordinary level of service.
Alongside with leading a team of two experienced sourcing managers your tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, together with Category Directors, sourcing strategies based on category management road map for external and private brands (including contracts, performance and onboarding)
- Have overall responsibility for enabling the sourcing strategies and approach based on category plans through common processes and tools
- Have overall responsibility for the Sourcing calendar including market research on supply assessment and coordination of communication to suppliers and stakeholders
- Have overall responsibility for negotiations and to monitor suppliers outcome including contracting with suppliers (product, prices, SLA, coverage, payment terms etc) to increase category profitability and supplier investments including supplier performance dashboards
- Summarize and communicate sourcing related topics like currency, COGS development, supplier base, raw material etc on regular basis to stakeholders
- Implement new supply structure and continuous improvement process. Introduce assessments and tracking of the results
- Adapt to new processes and ways of working in transitional environment and pro-actively seek information or training to learn as well as participate in dedicated projects
Vem söer vi?
To succeed in this role we believe that you have worked with sourcing of global suppliers for at least five years. You are a self-starter with good market knowledge and a track record of successful negotiations. You also have:
- Master/ Msc. or MA or relevant education
- Extensive experience in category management with focus on strategic sourcing and negotiations from an international environment (preferably with exposure to well established brand portfolio and private brands)
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills from a centralized environment with ability to work on strategic, tactical as well as operational level
- Strategic insights and business acumen to see the big picture, accountable and result oriented
- Self-organized, structured and able to keep focus under pressure
- Pro-active, takes initiative, positive can-do attitude
- Strong team management and leadership with good communication skills
- IT skills (MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in Swedish and English
Apply with your CV today!
In this recruitment, Pierce cooperates with Michael Page and thus wishes that all contact regarding the position takes place via the responsible recruiter Artiom Kravchenko at 0733-254911 or via e-mail.