Would you like to be part of building the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics? Are your dreams up in the cloud? Perfect, then we could have a match! We’re looking for a Software Engineer for our Viaplay Team in Stockholm. If you believe you have what it takes - we’re waiting for your application!
The challenge ahead
You will be working in a well-versed and cross-functional team of Client- and Backend Developers, UI/UX Designers, Data and QA Specialists and you will be responsible for delivering business-critical micro-services to all Viaplay platform clients, continuously adding value to our service, while measuring impact using e.g. A/B testing. As our teams work cross-functionally you will also collaborate closely with people in other functions as well and some of your challenges will include:
- Microservice/Serverless architecture
- Using multiple programming paradigms and languages
- Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud
- An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming
- Going bananas trying out some new cool programming language, technology, tool or framework during our recurring Viaplay Hack Days
- Identifying and improving parts of the services to make them more robust, resilient and scalable
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate developer with a genuine interest in software development and ambition to constantly improve your skills. You have worked with a variety of tasks requiring complex problem solving using either Node.js or Java or both. If you also have an interest in multiple programming languages, you will fit right in! You will be part of a team that makes things happen in a brilliant manner.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Professional experience developing web based services, using Node.js
- Solid experience of Backend Development with Java
- Good understanding of REST API
- Experience in developing services in the cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience and understanding of full software development life-cycle
- Interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience working with a state-less and high transactional end user product
- Experience of working with some Frontend magic as well, such as React.js
We want to hear from you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at [email protected].
We hope you enjoy the summer break as much as we do! While we are taking some time off, the feedback on your application may take a little bit longer. Enjoy your vacation!
Viaplay is the leading online service for TV, film and sports in the Nordic countries. We offer the most popular TV series, a vast international movie catalogue and a world-class selection of live sports events including Premier League, Champions League and NHL. Moreover, we offer Viaplay Original Series. Viaplay is available on a wide variety of devices including desktop, smartphones, tablets, game consoles, Apple TV, Chromecast and smart TVs.
Viaplay is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.